Remember back in June I made a list of goals then kind of forgot about it?
Well as its the end of the year, its a good time to look back and see whats happened since!
Start a blog.DONE!
- Get better at photography. – It depends on which blog post you are viewing!
- Improve my writing skills. – I think I have. Well for me anyway.
Learn to use Photoshop or PicMonkey at least.DONE! Blogged here.
- Learn to use google analytics. – Done.
- Get better IT skills in general. – Its an ongoing thing really.
Learn how to put pictures side by side. Improve the look and layout of this blog.DONE! Blogged here.
- Continue with Tuesday Tune. – Yep, still doing as and when I feel the urge.
- Show the rooms of my house on here that we have decorated already. – I will do soon.
Compile one of these wish-list thingies. Once I figure out what they (wish-list thingies) are officially called to google how to make them or find the software etc!DONE! Blogged here.
- Keep this as a happy place and do not rant on here! – I think I have managed to. Except a little moan about Keane, but they deserved it.
- And remember to just keep on blogging for self improvement in general! – I’m still here I suppose!
Start a blog.DONE!
- Visit Berlin. – At some point in the future. No rush.
- Keep chickens in my garden. – I want to, but then on the other hand it is cheaper to just buy free range eggs at the supermarket. And you don’t have to clean their poop up.
- Grow my own vegetables. – Maybe at some point. In the mean time my parents send over homegrown veg over from their allotment.
- Make bagels. – Not done.
- Get really good at making cupcakes. – It depends on who’s eating them!
- Bake some whoopie pies. – Not done.
- Bake some no knead bread. – I tried it once.
- Make a red velvet cake of some sorts. – Not done. Soon though.
- Go whale watching. – At some point in the future I hope.
- Crochet a granny squares blanket. – Never gonna happen. I cant craft.
- Bake a rainbow cake. – Not done.
- Build an Eco house – A girl can dream.
- Move to a less chavvy town. – Maybe in the future. But my friends and family keep me here, where else can I find that?
- See the northern lights. – I hope to at some point.
- Climb to the top of the Eiffel Tower (I have been before but only made it up 2/3rds of the way. I was with my mum and she gave up at that point, as she did not like the see through-ish stairs we were climbing up – chicken!) – Future holiday.
- Organise my iPhoto library. – Kind of doing.
- Get some some nice photo books made. – I got one of our holiday to the New Forrest made up for Xmas pressies.
- Buy more secondhand clothes or vintage dah-ling. – Too expensive and I do not need anymore clothes.
- Make my house beautiful. – Doing.
Own a camper van.DONE! Blogged here 21)b.Get campervan MOT’ed & road worthy. – Doing. Buy more secondhand furniture. DONE! I will show my purchases on here at some point.
- Go to more gigs. – Depends on who is touring really and budget. I did not go to many gigs this year.
- Own a rescue greyhound. – We own a cat.
- Join a book club. – Nope, not done.
- See Tutankhamun’s mask. – Maybe at some point. In the mean time I will stick to documentaries on telly!
- Go camping at least once a year. – Done.
- Keep going to as many festivals as financially possible. Sod being too old. – Done.
- Get a greenhouse and grow amazing cucumbers. – Not yet.
- Eat more leafy green veg. – Not every day, but yes to this.
- Plant a herb garden so I never have to buy expensive fresh herbs from supermarkets. – Does my pot of basil count?
- Use only green household cleaning products or make my own. – In the kitchen, yes. In the bathroom I need my bleach!
- Get my completed/decorated house as a tour on one of my favourite blogs (or in a magazine?). – Do I really want to?
- Buy only ethical/organic/outdoor reared meat. – Too dear.
- Save cooking fat for the birds. – I don’t really have any cooking fat to make any fat balls.
- Visit Loch Ness. – I hope too.
- Stay in the Pantone hotel. – Ditto.
- Sew a dress. – Never gonna happen. I don’t wear dresses either!
- Get a job I want to do, or in failing that one away from retail at least. – Working on it.
- Swim at least once a week. – 35% success rate.
You might have noticed that I have given my blog a little tidy up recently. I changed the font to a 50’s inspired one that I’m really happy with, and I’m working on a new header. By working on, I really mean
nagging asking Rob to make me a new one.
I am also getting rid of my to do list page, and in the next year I will probably focus mainly on documenting the renovation of our house on here. I will still throw in the odd recipe and post about whats going on in our lives.
I want next years blogging goal to be quality over quantity!
Wish me luck!