Today Janet wrote a post about what she thinks are her best qualities. Here are mine –
- I am loyal I do not give up on things easily. I give people a break and I will tolerate more than the average person. Sometimes I am a little too loyal (i.e putting up with toxic friends, staying in a job I hate for 12 years etc). But I still think that my loyalty is a good quality and the pros outweigh the cons.
- I am non judgemental I think a lot of people in the world we live in are very judgemental and are wary of people that are different to them. We are all the same, everybody eats, sleeps and shits! It does not matter if you are old or young, beautiful or ugly, highly intelligent or struggled at school, rich or poor we are all human beings and deserve to be treated as one. I work in a healthcare industry and come into daily contact with groups of society that get frowned upon like junkies, alcoholics, teenage mums and the long term unemployed. I also work with colleagues who think they are better than the customers and it drives me mad! I have lots of time for time for our customers and I do my best to help them. One of my long term goals is to get involved with some kind of charity helping the homeless. Its on the to do list!
- You know where you are with me I tell it like it is. Straight to the point. Some people like this, others do not. I personally think this is one of my best qualities.
- I am not afraid to live my life how I want to live Non conformist for life!
- I put other peoples needs before my own I put my friends, family and Robs needs before my own. I have been taken advantage of in the past, but I would rather be how I am than be selfish.
- I am willing to work/wait/compromise to achieve my goals I wanted to buy a house, so I did. I wanted to own a campervan, so we bought a wreck and spent time fixing it up. I prefer to save up for the things I really want rather than buy instant quick fix stuff.
And just to balance things out so that you don’t think I am completely saintly (as if!) Here are my worst qualities –
- I leave the washing up on the worktop We are talking for days at a time here.
- I sometimes don’t think before I speak I am working on this.
- I give up easily A bit of a contradiction with #6 above, but we are talking about silly little things here like crafting and bread making. I would like to learn to sew, knit, crochet etc and I know that if I actually tried and made an effort to practice that I could learn to do these things. I tried once and gave up. Although to be fair, I am not really bothered about making things by hand. Laziness wins!
- I am grumpy in the morning Does what it says on the tin.
- I am highly sensitive I get upset by peoples nastiness, rudeness and bad behaviour. I cannot understand why some people act like they do. I chose to think of my sensitivity as a good thing though. It stops me from acting like them.
- I am a bit lazy Go for a early morning swim or have a lie in? I will chose the later. Again I am working on this.
- I swear a lot But never around grannys and children. I am not working on this.
Phew! I have been getting deep and personal on my blog of late! I promise I will get back to posting the usual nonsense! I must do some recipe, room tour and camper van posts soon!