Back in November last year when this blog was just a twinkle in my eye. I compiled a life list of sorts in my google docs. Some aims were of the big life goals/bucket list variety and some were just silly fun things I want to try out. I recently reopened this file and was pleased to see that I had since achieved a few of my goals.
The reason I wrote this list was that I found it inspiring (and still do) reading other bloggers life lists or birthday lists e.g 21 for 21 things (my age ha!!) etc which are everywhere right now. Plus I love making lists, it’s therapeutic!
I decided to share my list as it was my birthday this week and I have been thinking about making one of these lists to have as a feature on here as I cross things off to keep my blogging creative juices flowing. I then remembered the list I made six months ago so thought why not! What harm can it do?
The list was a good reference point so I copied and pasted it here, then did a little reshuffling and tidying up. I have also been thinking about how to move this blog forward to, as I don’t want to be boring readers about my history with dodgy ovens and rambling on about crusties! So I separated my list into two and added a few more goals to keep me motivated and to help improve my blogging skills.
Start a blog.DONE!
- Get better at photography.
- Improve my writing skills.
- Learn to use Photoshop or PicMonkey at least.
- Learn to use google analytics.
- Get better IT skills in general.
- Learn how to put pictures side by side.
- Improve the look and layout of this blog.
- Continue with Tuesday Tune.
- Show the rooms of my house on here that we have decorated already.
- Compile one of these wish-list thingies. Once I figure out what they (wish-list thingies) are officially called to google how to make them or find the software etc!
- Keep this as a happy place and do not rant on here!
- And remember to just keep on blogging for self improvement in general!
Some of these things I have added to the list today and some of these things are probably quite easy to do like #4, #5 & #7. I just have not tried to learn how to do these things. Some of these I
might will need Rob’s help for i.e #13!
Here is the rest of my life/bucket list. I hereby retrain the right to change my mind about any of these goals listed. In no particular order –
Start a blog.DONE!
- Visit Berlin.
- Keep chickens in my garden.
- Grow my own vegetables.
- Make bagels.
- Get really good at making cupcakes.
- Bake some whoopie pies.
- Bake some no knead bread.
- Make a red velvet cake of some sorts.
- Go whale watching.
- Crochet a granny squares blanket.
- Bake a rainbow cake.
- Build an Eco house
- Move to a less chavvy town.
- See the northern lights.
- Climb to the top of the Eiffel Tower (I have been before but only made it up 2/3rds of the way. I was with my mum and she gave up at that point, as she did not like the see through-ish stairs we were climbing – chicken!)
- Organise my iPhoto library.
- Get some some nice photo books made.
- Buy more secondhand clothes or vintage dah-ling.
- Make my house beautiful.
Own a camper van.DONE! 21)b.Get campervan MOT’ed & road worthy. Buy more secondhand furniture. DONE! I will show my purchases on here at some point.
- Go to more gigs.
- Own a rescue greyhound.
- Join a book club.
- See Tutankhamun’s mask.
- Go camping at least once a year.
- Keep going to as many festivals as financially possible. Sod being too old.
- Get a greenhouse and grow amazing cucumbers.
- Eat more leafy green veg.
- Plant a herb garden so I never have to buy expensive fresh herbs from supermarkets.
- Use only green household cleaning products or make my own.
- Get my completed/decorated house as a tour on one of my favourite blogs (or in a magazine?).
- Buy only ethical/organic/outdoor reared meat.
- Save cooking fat for the birds.
- Visit Loch Ness.
- Stay in the Pantone hotel.
- Sew a dress.
- Get a job I want to do, or in failing that one away from retail at least.
- Swim at least once a week.
By the way I am not forty next year. I just thought I would point that out!