Holla, newly renamed blog that I have not pinned to the new domain name and done other technical stuff to!
Meh, it will get done eventually!
In the mean time, lets have a quick catch up on all the happenings (or rather non happenings) going on lately….
- Welp, since my last blog post I have done a bit of networking in my newish area and have met more people. I have a new part time job and I joined a baby club.
- The baby club came about when I chatted up another mum on the bus and she invited me to her baby club that she organises. Dylan needs it, and to be honest, I think that I need it too. I am a weird mix – Im still a little shy and I hate awkward small talk, but I also love a good chin wag! I will tell anyone my life story whether they want to hear it or not!
- But lets just say that I am not exactly making new ‘mum friends’ at the baby club. I stick out like a sore thumb with my broad Kent accent, my formula fed baby and I get looks of horror when Dylan is a bit rough with one of their precious babies! (He is a normal babe BTW, he has had his hair pulled, has been pushed over and they all fight over the same toy!) And one week no one said goodbye to me! But, you know what, I don’t care. Im still going back whether they like it or not! Sod ’em!
- The new job is working weekends in a well known chain store that may or may not be DIY centric, and is as glamourous as it sounds. Please do not come in with a random bit of pipe/screw/light bulb and expect me to know WTF it is!!! I know nothing. Nadda. I am beyond useless. I did not even know what a nut (as in a nut and bolt) was the other day!!!
- I am also struggling to understand the local accent (yep, still struggling, I had this problem in my last job, last year!) and one of my new work collegues told me that they call all people not from Devon foreigners. Man, I feel right at home at times like these!
- But its all good. I only plan on working here for the short term. Its a bit of cash for me, I get on with the customers (once we get past the language barrier!) and it will help pay for my Xmas pressies for the fam. It also will improve our chances of moving with future mortgage applications etc.
- Its weird, even though we do not have our weekends together as a family now (Rob works Mon – Fri, I work Sat and Sun), me working again has, so far, been a positive thing. We have both been more productive with our time, getting more shit done. Rob and I tend to encourage each other to procrastinate. We can be a bad influence on each other! So left to our own devices we get more done. This slight change to our routine has given us both a kick up the arse!
- As I say, this job is (hopefully) for a year tops. I want to be a SAHM, cos believe me, I really do not enjoy working! But while D is small and in a tight routine, we cant do the long day trips in the van etc. When he is older I will look for a job with more family friendly hours (which we all know dosen’t really exsist!) or quit, depending on our household finances etc. Damn, I am such a boring adult these days!
- Talking of moving – I still need to figure out what is more important to me. Living near my family or living somewhere nice. When you put it like that, its a no-brainer, but I greedily want both. Why are there no nice towns on the Isle of Wight? Although after Halloween, I really, really want to be nearer the fam. I missed seeing the nephews in their costumes, and I wish that Dylan can do future Halloween stuff with his cousins.
- I am looking forword to Xmas this year. We have an elf to put on a shelf etc. But its more about seeing the family again. Its going to be a proper hassle, as we are in Kent for D’s B.day, then on to the IOW for Xmas, catching an Xmas eve ferry. Eek! This is the start of things to come. Don’t have an Xmas baby if you can help it peeps! Gah!
- So thats about all thats going on in my so called life ATM! Told you that I am such a boring adult now!