Its time for another catch up in handy bullet points!
- Our house is now up for sale! Email me if you want to see it online and I will send you a link. Or you can just stalk Right Move!
- Before we had the estate agent round to take the photos for the advertisement, I frantically cleaned the house, and while dusting the bedroom, I noticed that my money plant was looking pretty droopy, so I just prodded it gently and then the bloody thing fell apart! Oh dear, not a good sign on the day that you are putting your house up for sell and relocating!
- The estate agent who took our photos said to me that our house is decorated very nice and “its very retro isn’t it!” – Mission accomplished. My work here is done!
- I do dry January every year and its actually depressingly easy for me to give up alcohol for one month because I am old and boring and hardly drink at all these days, what with all my clean living and all that (ha!) So to up the challenge I try to give up another indulgence for a whole year. Last year it was Nutella (because of the poor baby Orangutans of course) and I have not touched the stuff since Dec ’14 (go me!) Before that it was wine, which I never really enjoyed anyway – give me a G&T or a beer please! This year I am giving up Diet Coke and Pepsi, because its pretty bad for you and I don’t like the manufacturers ethics etc – and so far so good. I now drink fizzy water if I am out for lunch or in a pub during dry January. Its not the same buzz, but much better for me at the end of the day.
- My Mum and Dads house has sold. It only took about three weeks to do so, and they have found a nice bungalow in Shanklin to move to. Fingers crossed it goes through OK!
- Its a shame about Bowie’s passing. Did you know that he spent time in my hometown? And apparently not much has changed since the sixties!