I have neglected my blog this month, thats for sure. I don’t bother with a blogging schedule, I just blog when I feel like it. Obviously, I haven’t really felt like blogging lately!
I have got as far as thinking about what to write and deciding on a few topics I want to blog (like job hunting and my failings in job interviews).
But instead of a long wordy post, I am just going to summarise all the things I have thought about blogging in March into relatively short and snappy bullet points! Its much easier and less painful for all of us this way, lets be honest!
- So as you might have guessed, I have started job hunting again. So far I have applied for around 12 positions (not many applications, I know, but I am looking for part time work, and the difference between the number of PT and FT positions advertised is huge), had two interviews and two rejections. Rubbish.
- We all know that job hunting sucks big time. And it has been sucking all of my creative energy. Hence the lack of blog posts. One thing I have been doing which is (sort of) creative is finally organising all my recipes that I have collected over the years and making my own personal recipe book. Cutting out pictures and text and sticking them into a folder with my Pritt-Stick is so therapeutic! I have a long way to go with this project – only tried and tested and Rob approved recipes make the final cut and I currently have a huge pile of cuttings and bookmarked recipes to cook my way through! It seems I am not the only person out there who hoards recipes!
- Good news – we have booked our tickets for Truck festival and to see the Pixies at Field Day in June! The Pixies! Whoop whoop! Andrew WK! F**k yeah! Im gonna party hard(ish) with my little cans of G&T in the barn in July!
- I have been discovering some great new (to me) blogs. In the last few years Brutalism architecture has really grown on me and I have become a fan. Its an acquired taste and I must admit that it took me a while to appreciate the beauty in hulking great big concrete parking blocks like the one pictured below! Plus local authority housing holds a special place in my heart (I proudly live in an ex-council house) so I instantly fell in love with the Modernist Estates Tumblr and the Love London Council Housing blog and added them to my Feedly feed.
- I am also loving What’s in your bedroom. Having met the man who I would settle down with (Rob) when I was 21, I missed out on the whole flat sharing experience. Although I am fully aware that I did not miss out on much, i.e mouldy food left in the fridge, no one buying loo roll and all the other flatmate cliches! This blog gives the incredibly nosey me a peek into what might have been.
- This month I have been on a few excursions. Up to Kingston with my Mum, to Chatham Dockyards with Mum, my sister and the nephews to see the Julia Donaldson exhibition and to meet the Gruffalo!
- I climbed the North Downs last weekend to see whats left of Thurnham castle. Can you believe that I have lived in Maidstone practically all my life and I have never been there before! Rob and I both said that instead of thinking that we need to go to Wales, Cornwall, the New Forest etc for our countryside scenery fix, we need to start appreciating what is on our own doorstep more often!