At the beginning of 2014 I wrote that I wanted to achieve the following –
- Read more books.
- Plan meals better.
- Do not put things off. Just get on and do it.
- When it comes to blogging, I want quality not quantity
- Keep on losing weight.
- Bake more bread.
- Be happy.
I think on the whole, I managed to do this.
Well, except for #1, #5 & #6! (And #4 is debatable!) Opps!
So for 2015, I want to work towards the following (pretty much the same as last year BTW!) –
- Read more books – Unfortunately I did not read many fiction books in 2014. However, I did finally manage to finish the Game of Thrones books (despite a little mishap with the last two books!) These days I tend to only read one or two fiction books per month (hence the serious lack of posts about books on here). I read lots of non fiction books about the mid century period and recipe books from cover to cover. Do they count? And some of the GoT books were quite hard to read…. OK, enough excuses. Blame it on blogs, Pinterest, Instagram and the internet in general, the biggest time waster in my life!
- Keep planning our meals – I am slowly getting better at this. I write a list of meals for each week and a shopping list from it, then decide each evening what I will cook from the list depending on what I fancy, how tired I am and what time I have finished work that day. It makes me feel more organised and I like the flexibility this system offers me. It also stops me thinking each night “what the hell am I going to cook for dinner?” as it narrows things down to about five choices and keeps my cooking mojo juices flowing!
- Keep blogging – I am definitely going to keep on doing so and I need to get better at finishing my half written drafted posts. Last year, I went through a stage of thinking that its a bit silly pouring my thoughts out to the WWW and is it wise showing pictures of my home from a security point of view? But then I check my stats and breath a sigh of relief that my personal blog all about me is pretty much a personal blog!! This year I want to write more about my interests on here, like camping, food, travel in the UK, Pyrex and mid century stuff. So this means that Rob and I need to go on more day trips, get away more in the camper van and I want to go to more exhibitions etc. This all depends on money and time, so lets see how things pan out. On a related note, I am going to comment more on the blogs I follow. I am not a Twitter networker, so I will reach out to fellow bloggers the old fashioned way !
- Finish decorating the house – We are so near yet so far! It is within our reach as we just have the spare bedroom, hallway, the last of the carpeting and flooring to do, a new front door, a window or two to replace and the interior doors left to do. Its all down to time and money yet again. However, we have lived here for almost 5 years now and they need to be done. The garden can wait!
- Keep on improving my fitness – I do enjoy swimming and long walks. And the cycling is growing on me! (All except for the hills, sharp corners and mud that is!) I might enter a London to Brighton type cycling event to give me something to aim for. Or I might not. Its all about being more active and eating as healthy as I can manage (as I will never quit sugar, go paleo etc – sod that) in 2015.